- About Us
- Tai Chi
Please note Tai Chi Nanaimo Association strives to be in compliance with public health restrictions of the Province of BC.
Please click the CLASSES tab to look at our class schedules.
Eva Wong's Qigong workshops have been postponed into 2023 out of concern of the continuing threat posed by Corona Virus.
Any upcoming workshop or events? Please check back later.
Tai Chi Nanaimo..Tai Chi for ALL
A 108 move health-oriented tai chi set forms the core of our programs which we practice and teach through our not-for-profit, volunteer-run organization.
Tai chi is a complete whole-body exercise that can be practiced anywhere, anytime, at any age, with no need for special gear or clothing. Our accredited volunteer instructors teach beginners and continuing classes.
Beginner classes run for four months, after which participants can join continuing classes to improve their Tai Chi and to prepare them for our other classes.
We also practice Lok Hup, Tai Chi Sabre, Tai Chi Sword, and Xingyi. All of these, being based on common principles, inform one another. Philippe Gagnon, one of the original students of Moy Lin-Shin, the originator of the forms which we practice, supports us with yearly workshops.
In addition to the above, we have the fortune of being one of the centres on the planet where Dr Eva Wong has chosen to conduct her Daoist Qigong multi level training through yearly workshops. For those who have begun this training, we are able to support their practice with weekly practice sessions.
Annual Membership: $10. For those joining after July 1st, the fee for the remainder of that calendar year is reduced to $5.
FEE STRUCTURE AS OF JAN 1, 2020.
- Full annual membership: $10 (see above)
- Beginner classes, four months: $80 (plus annual membership fee - see above)
- Activity fee for continuing classes: $200 per year, due Jan 1st annually or $120 for 6 months, due Jan 1st and July 1st
- In order to get on to the Activity continuing cycle with payment due January 1 or July 1, individual months are charged at $20 per month until you catch up to those set payment dates at which time our standard fees apply.
- Activity fee provides access to all classes and instruction after beginners classes and/or any pre-requisites have been completed
Drop-ins are welcome, one time only to check us out.
Additional fees for workshops apply but these are run at minimum cost to provide the greatest value for members.